Why did I start this blog? I have been having episodes of inflammation in my hands and fingers, feet and toes, and joints for some time now. I’ve consulted the doctor and have had tests done. It’s not rheumatoid arthritis and my uric acid is normal (tho at times borderline normal). In an effort to determine which food triggers the inflammation, I have been systematically eliminating certain foods from my diet and then bringing them back. After several years, I have now come to the conclusion that I seem to be reacting to animal protein in general (like some sort of allergic reaction). Different animal proteins affect me to different degrees; some cause inflammation faster than others. So I have decided to reduce my intake of meat. No, I am not going vegetarian; maybe semi-vegetarian if there is such a thing. I will be adding interesting and not too difficult recipes here as I find them. I will also include arthritis management tips that have worked for me.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Herbal teas

Here are three herbal teas that I've tried that seemed to help lessen the frequency of flare-ups. I prepare the teas and keep them in the refrigerator and drink them throughout the day like I would drink water. I usually just drink them plain but you may want to add some honey for sweetness or a squeeze of lemon for extra flavor. I also included some information that I gathered about the plants.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Wilma!

    We, Sisters of the Rural Mission is very grateful that you've tried our herbal teas and have come to like it. This inspires us to introduce more healthful ways and organic products to encourage people to go back to nature for relief. Our herbal products are in the market for so many years and it continues to thrive.

    Thank you and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment. indeed, we need to go back to nature's bounty. more power to the sisters of the rural mission!

    ReplyDelete