Why did I start this blog? I have been having episodes of inflammation in my hands and fingers, feet and toes, and joints for some time now. I’ve consulted the doctor and have had tests done. It’s not rheumatoid arthritis and my uric acid is normal (tho at times borderline normal). In an effort to determine which food triggers the inflammation, I have been systematically eliminating certain foods from my diet and then bringing them back. After several years, I have now come to the conclusion that I seem to be reacting to animal protein in general (like some sort of allergic reaction). Different animal proteins affect me to different degrees; some cause inflammation faster than others. So I have decided to reduce my intake of meat. No, I am not going vegetarian; maybe semi-vegetarian if there is such a thing. I will be adding interesting and not too difficult recipes here as I find them. I will also include arthritis management tips that have worked for me.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Tomatoes and onions omelette


Recently I had the urge to make some cream puffs (see Foodshoot.blogspot.com). The recipe for the custard filling called for three egg yolks. So what to do with the egg whites? I did not want to make another dessert (like meringue). What did I have in my kitchen? There were the onions that my husband had brought home (lots of onions); I also had some tomatoes on hand. It was close to lunch time so I figured why not make an omelette? I just added one whole egg to the three egg whites and here’s what I came up with. Fast, quite delicious and healthy too!


Here's how to make a low-fat omellete.

Low-Fat Omelet on FoodistaLow-Fat Omelet

No comments:

Post a Comment